Click Houseguest Pic for Profiles / Interviews / Comments
Amy Chiara Danielle Eric Gerry Jason Josh
Lisa Lori Marcellas Roddy Tanya
Watch Big Brother 3 Click the logo and enjoy Big Brother 3 - All Episodes

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Chiara Berti









FAVORITES

Three adjectives that best describe me:   Fun-loving, energetic, outgoing 

Favorite film:   Say Anything 

Favorite TV show:   Six Feet Under 

Favorite actor:   John Cusack 

Favorite actress:   Julia Roberts 

Favorite band:   Limp Bizkit 

Favorite hobbies:   Tennis, going out with friends, working out 

Personal hero:   The policemen and firemen who gave their lives on 9/11



Q&A

Why did you want to be on BIG BROTHER?
The experience is something you could never pass up. Whether a positive or negative, I wanted to take the plunge. I just hope I walk away with the money.

What strengths do you bring to BIG BROTHER?
There is definitely a competitive edge to me, but more importantly, a mysterious side. I don't think a lot of people will be able to figure me out.

What weaknesses do you bring to BIG BROTHER?
I have a tough time cheating or lying my way through things. If the game gets nasty, I might not be up for the challenge. I play fair, which usually works in my favor.

What comfort item from home will you miss the most?
I will definitely miss my bed and my own pillow. These are two things that I just won't be able to forget as I am bunking up.

What type of news from the outside world will you miss the most?
Not knowing what's going on with my own friends is news enough for me. That news is more entertaining than anything else.

Do you tend to perform better in physical or mental competitions?
I guess it really depends on the competition. I would consider myself pretty athletic, although the sports I tend to participate in and watch have a lot of mental strength in them.

How do you plan to win BIG BROTHER? 
I really want to play fair. I don't want to form nor join an alliance. I really want to make sure I don't pick favorites or quickly trust anyone. I don't think anyone in that house is my friend, so I will keep my head about me, play to win, but be honest.

What is your biggest fear as you begin BIG BROTHER?
The exposure is something I am definitely not used to. Although I am pretty open about stuff, I fear what might get out. 

What is your motto?
Everything happens for a reason.



PARTING WORDS

What was the most difficult aspect of being on BIG BROTHER?
Not being able to speak to family and friends at times when you feel really lonely. It was really difficult not to be able to share a lot of things, or when you felt lonely, not to be able to look at someone. It's a very vulnerable feeling at times, because you're in there and there's no escaping. In every room you go in, you're being watched. It's difficult, but you get used to it. 

Did you play the game as you hoped you would, strategy-wise?
It's very hard to have a strategy when you never know what they're going to throw at you. Strategy is only as good as the game you think you're playing. If you don't really know what the game is, and you don't know what they're going to throw at you, then it's really hard to form a strategy. I made it halfway, so maybe my strategy was good. Basically, I wanted this experience to be one that I looked at and was happy with. I had a one-in-twelve chance of winning the money, so I might as well make it as fun as possible. Ultimately, my strategy was to get along with everyone the best I can and make friends, and see where it got me. It got me pretty far, I'd say. The one person I didn't make friends with is the one person who got me out, and I feel fine with that, because at the end of the day, no one that I felt I was close to nominated me or evicted me. 

What personality trait is most important for winning this game? 
To win the game, you really have to watch yourself. Everything you say could be being manipulated and judged by the person you're speaking to because of the game. So, while I could be having a conversation about meatloaf with someone, they're interpreting it: "Why is she bringing this up? Is the meat part of the game? Does she loaf the meat…the meat gets loafed…" Everything is getting manipulated and moved around, and you have no idea how they really feel about it. I spoke a lot, and I was not shy in a lot of the things I said. Ultimately, I don't think it ever hurt me; it never really got me out of the House. The most important thing is to be yourself, and watch what you say. 

Knowing what you know now, whom should you have formed an alliance with?
If the only person I needed to get closer to was Amy, I tried my hardest. But the only person I could not make a true connection with was Amy. 

Which HouseGuest was the greatest threat to you, and why?
Amy, but only when she returned. 

Besides Roddy, which HouseGuest would you most like to spend the night with in the HoH room?
Bring on the J-Bird! I did spend the night in the HoH room with Jason and Roddy. I made Yum-Yum [Jason] come in and we all ate the Ben & Jerry's ice cream together. Those two were my two closest boys, and I loved having them around. 

What was your favorite moment in the BIG BROTHER House?
I loved when Marcellas came out of his shell. Roddy and I were very fortunate to hear it for the first time, and to see Marcellas be Marcellas. Everyone knows and loves him now, no one knew him then. Another amazing moment was the beauty pageant, where the boys had to make their own bathing suits, and we used peanut butter to make ours. 

Who would you like to see win, and why?
I want Roddy to win, for obvious reasons. 

Who do you think will win, and why?
Danielle. I don't know if I feel like she deserves it the most, or that she needs the money the most. For the rest of us, yeah, who doesn't want half a million dollars? But this is a woman who has done so much and has gone through so much, and for her to walk away with that money would make me so happy. 

What advice would you give to future BIG BROTHER HouseGuests?
It's taxing on you; there are times when you're tired. If you truly want to go on the show, don't make it so much about the game. The game is there; it exists; you're going to play it whether you want to or not, because you have to. Just be yourself and enjoy your time. It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, something you can take with you for the rest of your life. You should want to win the money, of course, but remember: You have a one-in-twelve chance, so you might as well make it the best experience of your life. Make friends. Make connections. Have a ball! It doesn't have to be vindictive; it doesn't have to be mean; it doesn't have to be cruel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment