Click Houseguest Pic for Profiles / Interviews / Comments
Amy Chiara Danielle Eric Gerry Jason Josh
Lisa Lori Marcellas Roddy Tanya
Watch Big Brother 3 Click the logo and enjoy Big Brother 3 - All Episodes

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Roddy Mancuso







Favorite film:   Field of Dreams 

Favorite TV show:   Mr. Show 

Favorite actor:   Robert Duvall 

Favorite actress:   Jody Foster 

Favorite band:   Beatles 

Favorite hobbies:   Fishing, hiking in Alaska, concerts, sports events, celebrating 



Q&A

Why did you want to be on BIG BROTHER?
Should be an adventure, and BIG BROTHER isn't trashy like other shows.

What strengths do you bring to BIG BROTHER?
Observant, patient, strong-minded.

What weaknesses do you bring to BIG BROTHER?
Sometimes I'm too strong-minded, which gets me in trouble.

What comfort item from home will you miss the most?
Direct TV remote control to watch hockey.

What type of news from the outside world will you miss the most?
How my family is doing (of course); important terrorist and international news.

Do you tend to perform better in physical or mental competitions?
Mental. I'm levelheaded, which helps during stressful situations.

How do you plan to win BIG BROTHER? 
1) I'm going to keep my word, even if it gets me in trouble; 2) Fly below the radar in the beginning and depend on people underestimating me; 3) People lie. As Guests lie and break their word to me, nail them to it; 4) Risking early exit to stay consistent should turn out to be the right investment in the end.

What is your biggest fear as you begin BIG BROTHER?
An early exit because I was playing it too cool. I'm very worried about that.



PARTING WORDS

What was the most difficult aspect of being on BIG BROTHER?
Without a doubt, the boredom. The amount of time we were just standing around, doing nothing, looking at each other was the hardest part. You felt like your brain was rotting. 

Did you play the game as you hoped you would, strategy-wise?
Yes, I played the game exactly how I wanted to. I said from the beginning I was going to be straightforward with people, and I was. I wasn't rewarded, but if I had to do it again, I would do it the exact same way. 

What personality trait is most important for winning this game? 
I think it's more luck than personality. Had one or two things gone differently in the beginning, the game would have been completely different. In the beginning I thought I was doing incredibly well, but one or two things fell apart: Gerry using that Veto, Gerry exposing the alliance. If you notice, every person in that alliance, except for Lisa, is gone, and Gerry's the one who turned the light on that. He essentially turned the light on himself. So, confidence in what you're doing, to not get scared at the last minute and defect and get everybody kicked off the show, is important. 

Knowing what you know now, would you have formed different alliances than you did on the show?
No, I wouldn't have formed different alliances. The original Hot Tub Alliance was so big because the show was so young, and we just wanted to make sure that we were going to be around for a couple of weeks. Had Gerry not used that Power of Veto, I think things would have turned out much differently. The people that you would have thought were doing well, that you had some confidence in, went out the door. That says a lot about the luck factor; I can't emphasize that enough. 

Which HouseGuest was the greatest threat to you, and why?
Inside the House, Marcellas was my greatest threat, but from what I'm finding out now, I guess it was Danny. I had no idea. For her to have characterized me as a huge devil and manipulator, in a way, is almost flattering, because I did not feel that way about her. 

When you were in the House, were you aware that Danielle and Jason had this tight alliance?
Yes, my guess is that it happened the night or the few days preceding the Eric and Lisa vote. It just happened that Danielle's fear and my personality, my confidence, worked against each other and Jay was in the middle. Jay naturally when to where he felt more comfortable. 

What was your favorite moment in the BIG BROTHER House?
One night when Jason and Josh and I were in the hot tub, Josh got really upset and actually cried. He talked about not appreciating details when they're happening. It was a cathartic moment. It was really important, especially for Josh, for who he was at that time, playing the game so hard, being on camera, for him to break down and show so much emotion was one of the most touching moments I had in the House. 

What was the most fun moment?
One night Jason, Josh and I ran around eating ice cream like children, acting like dopes. It was incredible fun. I can't imagine a scenario of being that giddy, ever again, for the rest of my life. 

Who would you like to see win, and why?
I would like to see Lisa win, because I think she lucked about a bit, but she also played the game very well. She had me sold. She's just doing it; she's not making the fuss that Danielle is making; she's just doing it. 

Who do you think will win?
I think Lisa's going to win. As of right now, there's a lot of noise about Amy and Marcellas being on the hit list before Jay [Jason] and Lisa. Danny doesn't realize that by being so aggressive, she puts herself out there as the next devil. I'm sure that 's what people in the House are going to feel. 

What advice would you give to future BIG BROTHER HouseGuests?
You have to question yourself if you think you're going to go on there and be ethical. I think I took an approach that seemed like a great idea at the time, and I still think it's a pretty good idea, but you're not playing against the rest of the world. You're playing against the people in the House, and obviously those people are there with motivation. There's no court or arbiter saying that if you do something wrong, you're going to get into trouble for it, so ethics are meaningless in a situation like that. I tried to establish some to see if trustworthiness could keep me around, because I wanted it to be a commodity: I wanted people to want trustworthiness. I tried to establish that as hard as I could. But I didn't sell the commodity very well. I think I might have, but I think they were afraid that the market was going to crash. 

What's next for you?
I've got a movie to make. It's a movie I wrote. It's got to get edited, I've got the cash for it, I've got to cast it and go film it in wintertime back on the east coast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment